Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back home

Hello Everyone!

I made it back to Mississippi in one piece and with my suitcase! Thank God for small miracles! Shaun picked me up at the airport in Gulfport: wearing a lion costume! Yes, that is right, a lion costume! Everyone at the baggage claim was hanging around to see my reaction. It was funny but embarrassing! He also had a sign that read: I missed you and I'm not lion.. get it?!?!

I am attaching pictures of the new Mo Kids set as well as pictures of our home group. Our home group did an awesome job at the church ministry fair. They came up with the theme for our booth and recruited new members. Check out the theme!
We are recruiting volunteers this weekend. I am hoping that we have a ton of volunteers sign up to serve in Mosaic Kids! We had a record number of people attend this past weekend. We had almost 500 people! The Kids area was almost 130! Our 11:00 service was super packed. Our 9:00 still needs to grow, but it is growing slowly. The kids are having fun learning about resourcefulness and it is fun to incorporate the tool time theme, complete with videos from Home Improvement. Check out the set photos.

Last, but certainly not least, I am attaching a few pictures from our day in New Orleans with Stella and Dennis. It was so great to have them here with us. We hope that they enjoyed the Coast and come back soon, maybe even for Mardi Gras?!?!



We are looking forward to this weekend. However, we have experienced our first death of a church member and will be experiencing our first funeral this Friday. Please continue to pray for the church and the staff.
Blessings,
Jess

0 comments: