Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter

Hello there Amigos y Familia!

Shaun and I have been pretty busy the past few weeks. Shaun preached the main service this past weekend. From what I have heard, he did an awesome job! To listen, please visit our newly redesigned website: www.mosaicgc.com. The site also has tons of info on the new Cares ministry that we are preparing to launch and the new series in the Mo Kids areas.



It is technically spring break here for the kids. But no break for us..... we are preparing for Easter. From what we have been told by our local members, Easter is a huge deal around here! We are hosting a 7:00 service to accommodate the visitors at 9 and 11. Awesome thing about that is that there is no Mo kids at 7, which means that I get to attend my first ever service at Mosaic church and I might even get to sit with Shaun as an attender. It has been almost a year since I have gotten to do that and I miss it sometimes. Please be in prayer for the services and for the staff. Also for all the visitors that will be coming!

We launched our new series this weekend in Mo Kids. Jackson was back for an appearance and he did a great job. The theme for the month is conviction: standing for what is right even when others don't. So we have a theme of Trailblazers. I haven't posted pictures in a long time, so I am finally posting some! Check out the volunteers and the new theme.


Shaun and I are still in school and working hard. I had planned to take my last courses in the summer and then graduate in the summer, but due to all the craziness of work, I am going to postpone and graduate in December. This sets me back, but I have had such a hard time finding a site to do my internship and in locating a Supervisor, that this will buy me some time and allow me to focus on all the work that is coming my way for the summer. So, I am sad, but know that it will work out. Summer is going to be crazy with Celebrate Recovery, Divorce Care, Counseling, Mission Trip, and the ever impending Extreme Week! Please pray for me for strength and focus.

We are planning a weekend off soon! We hope to return to Texas at the end of May. We can't miss the opportunity to see Clayton graduate. Go Clayton! We miss our families tremendously and I hope that they will come see us soon!

Thank you for all your pray and support. Great stuff is happening here and we are grateful to be a part of it. Some days are really good and some days are really hard. But we are learning that you have to have both and that through both He is sovereign. Please continue to pray!

Love,
Jessica

0 comments: