Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Elliott's Room

Happy Wednesday!


I have been working on getting everything put together and almost have Elliott's room ready. I'm still waiting on a fabulous painting from a friend that she did for us. But, all the furniture is in as well as the bedding. I've been washing her clothes as I get them, so everything is ready to go.

The furniture was given to us by one of our Elders in the church. He is a cardiologist by trade, but he handmade the bookcase, dresser, and mirror. And it is super solid and heavy! Just ask Shaun! We had an antique brown glaze done on the furniture so that it wasn't so very white and it looks really good. I changed the hardware on the dresser and bookcase, thanks to new knobs from anthropology and voila! New furniture for our little monkey!

I am feeling more and more tired these days and it is getting more difficult to complete simple tasks, like tie my own tennis shoes! I also officially can not see my feet and my lower back hurts most days. All of this is just part of the experience and means that we are getting closer and closer to getting to meet Elliott. We are excited and can't wait for her to meet all of the people who love us and love her.

Work is still going and going. Shaun preached the main services this weekend and tackled a tough topic and did a great job. You can listen to his message by downloading it from our website: www.mosaicgc.com. He has several other dates scheduled in the upcoming months as well. I have basically ended all counseling clients and am focusing on launching Mosaic Recovery as well as teaching a class on boundaries. Both launch this week. Of course, there is still youth and children's ministry to be taken care of. I am grateful to have a great team to work with.

We go to our next appointment on Tuesday. I will keep you updated. Thank you for your prayers and support!
Jessica




0 comments: