Tuesday, October 26, 2010

7.2

Afternoon All!


We had our weekly appointment today and final sonogram. Ms. Elliott is still way head down and according to the sonogram, weighing in at a reasonable 7.2 pounds. Based on the due date, she could be a little over 8 pounds when she is born, if she comes at that time. I am totally ok with her coming NOW!!!

She is measuring right on target. Due to the crazy swelling in my leg and foot, I was sent over to the outpatient portion of the hospital where they did a sonogram on my legs to check for blood clots. I am clot free! I just have to rest my legs and try not to do so much.

The sonogram pictures are not very clear this time because she is so big and because she was constantly moving. We did get to see her practicing her breathing and sucking. She even showed us the toes on her foot as she tried to put them in her mouth. Her belly is very round and her heart is strong. Shaun asked the tech to double check to see if she is still a girl.... She is!

This weekend we went to the child birth class. The class itself wasn't that bad. The video that they showed us was super cheesy and from the 80's, but they gave us a tour of the labor and delivery room and the rooms where you stay after delivery. The L and D rooms are nice. I had already had a stay in one of those thanks to my fall a few weeks ago. The recovery rooms..... uhmm....... not so nice. They are clean and very 1980's themed and tiny. At least it is only 2 nights there though! Poor Shaun might not even fit on the pull out couch!

Hopefully, this will be my last full weekend working at church. I am trying to get things covered and Shaun is wrapping up his immediate projects. It is a tough time of year to try to do so simply because the holiday season is approaching, the church is growing, Mo Kids is expanding, and I'm losing a staff person. However, what great problems to have!

I will keep you updated and posted when anything new develops!

Much Love,
Jess



0 comments: