Thursday, July 24, 2008

J-O-B, that spells job...

Hello All;

I got a job!! I got a job!! And it is a good one... and it is a good one!!!

I accepted the position in the Biloxi school district as their new mental health counselor! This position is brand new and was created in response to the need in the elementary level. After the storm, there has been an increase in post traumatic stress, anxiety, abuse, etc. So, there is now a team of 4 mental health counselors. We will be designing the protocols and choosing the assessment methods, etc.

My first day is August 4rth. I will be stationed in one of the schools, but I won't find out which school until the end of August.

Thank you all for your prayer and encouragement!

I wanted to share with you that the mailer went out and the response has already been overwhelming.. in a good way! We have had several people already call and they will be attending this weekend. The continued pattern from the calls is that they have been praying for a church like Mosaic since the storm. God is so amazing! Please continue to pray for our church and the people that are hurting here on the coast.

Love,
Jessica

0 comments: