Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to the real world

Hello All!


We are back to the real world and back home in MS. This is Day 1 back to work. It has been pouring down rain and isn't predicted to end anytime soon. We are trying to get accustomed to the humidity again!

The house remodel is done and Shaun and I are now officially sharing an office. This is Day 1 of that sharing and so far, so good. The baby furniture is in the nursery and we have begun setting everything up. I will blog some pictures very soon.

It was so good to see everyone during our brief trip to Texas. This will probably be our last trip to Texas before we have Elliott. I am so thankful for all of our friends and family. Thank you for all the meals and memories! I think Shaun really enjoyed his Taco Casa 20 pack! In fact, he's starting to talk again about how to get TC here to MS. Ughh!

We had an awesome time in Arkansas! The condo had no internet or phones. How awesome is that?!?! I did not know just how beautiful this place was. We stayed in the Horseshoe Bend area and stayed right on a lake. The lake was so clear that you could see 20 feet down. We spent an entire day just on the lake.

Now, I know that you won't believe this, but I had a great time on our trout adventure! We spent 2 days on the White River. We fished one day, camped overnight, and fished until 2 the next day. I got to share a boat with Jan and we had a blast! We caught over 130 fish and caught the largest brown trout out of everyone in the group. I even touched the fish and Gary helped me eat one that I caught for lunch. Are you shocked?!?! Jan took pictures for evidence!

The water on the White River is 50 degrees and felt like air conditioning! I had to jump in a couple of times to cool off and as soon as I did, Elliott started kicking like crazy!! Apparently she was not happy! She kicks a lot these days!

We did explore a cave, but did the safe, lighted, and paved tour. The cave was beautiful! I hope that next time we can do the wild cave adventure!

Shaun and I actually feel rested and made some great memories! Thank you Jan, Gary, Carter and Clayton! We love y'all!

Tomorrow we go back to the Dr. for a check up and I hope to find out more about the due date. Can you believe that we are already in the third trimester? I will keep you posted. I am looking forward to my baby shower here at the end of the month. I am grateful for the family get together and all the cute stuff. Thanks for limiting the pink! Stella and Dennis gave us a gift card and we used it to purchase a mattress for the crib. Thanks y'all!

Speaking of due dates, Rachele is having her baby today. I am still waiting to hear how it is going. Last check, it should be around 7:00. I can't wait to meet Carter Tyson! Please pray for her, Patrick, and Carter.

Much Love,
Jessica


0 comments: