Saturday, August 23, 2008

Go Away Fay!

Welcome back to adventures on the MS Gulfcoast..... today's headline: Tropical Storm Fay to hit around 6 in the morning tomorrow!


Now, I have to admit, I am a little nervous about this. Everyone around here is buying water by the gallon, candles, and everything else. The news keeps doing updates every hour and you can see it coming in.

We on the other hand, are planning on unloading the truck at 7 in the morning in time to have church at 11. I am betting that attendance will be down tomorrow. So we are praying for protection!

This week has been busy, as usual. I spent my first week in the schools. I have old classrooms for offices, so the challenge has been to make the big space seem more comfortable and conducive for counseling. Of course, there was nothing in the classrooms, so that means spending money out of our pocket. I even have to buy my own stapler and paper. I spent the first two days establishing the office as well as attending meetings. The rest of the week, I have been inundated with children! It has been very rewarding, but frustrating because I don't have the supplies I need to help them and really do sessions. It is coming though.... slowly but surely, just like everything else here. :-)

Below are a few pictures of my "offices".




Last weekend was our first in the new building. It was AMAZING! We had 370 in main service and 85 in Mosaic Kids, 22 of those kids all under 4! There are some great pictures of the main service on the Church website: http://www.mosaicchurchgulfcoast.com/. Check it out.





Here are few of the kids area without the kids. I have someone taking pictures this week with the kids. Hopefully they will be there despite the storm!



Quite the improvement!!! We have room now to grow and spread out and the area is totally kid friendly! How awesome is that?!? We are hoping that Shaun will be able to give his two week notice on Monday to the Base and go on full time with the church, we are waiting to see how this weekend goes.

Thank you for your continued encouragement and support!

Love,

Jessica

0 comments: